SUPERHUB Project is made of 10 WPs focused on different tasks oriented to the realisation of the SUPERHUB System.
WP01 – Scenarios, Requirements and KPIs
The goal of this work package is to provide the overall design framework of the project, elaborating target scenarios, defining the requirements as well as the business related aspects of the SUPERHUB service platform; all of these will be reflected in the specification, business model and use cases that will lead the research and software development.
WP1’s objective is to define what the SUPERHUB platform will do, how its performance will be judged, and how a sustainable business can result. The specific objectives of WP1 include:
1. Production of usage scenarios and requirements;
2. Provision of sustainable business models;
3. Definition of key performance indicators (KPIs) and guidelines for validation.
WP2 – Architecture and Integration
WP2 objective is to define the technical specifications for the entire project with regard to its core components: the Dynamic Mobility Matchmaking & Eco-Planner, Policy Encoding, Simulation and Optimization for Multi-modal Mobility and the Persuasive Mobility Services and Interfaces.
It aims at consolidating the overall view of how these components should integrate with respect to the combination of the concepts of reducing the environmental footprint of transport systems, the active engagement of mobility consumers and efficiency in the urban mobility and transport systems provided by authorities and the key building blocks of the technical architecture.
WP3 – Situation Aware Mobility-Data Infrastructure
Work package 3 is responsible of the research and development of an important part of the back-end components of the SUPERHUB architecture which will provide a scalable, distributed, generic solution for the collection, processing, analysis and reasoning of massive pools of data coming from diverse, heterogeneous sources (with data gather in Milan and Barcelona pilot) in order to support the Dynamic Mobility Matchmaking & Eco-Planner and Persuasive Mobility services in WP5 and WP6. It will also provide a specific component to extracts mobility patters from the cellular networks which, in real-time, will provide an estimate of how mobile equipment are moving in a given geographical area.
WP4 – Policy Encoding, Simulation and Optimization
The objective of WP4 is the design and development of all the components of the Policy Encoding, Simulation and Optimization for Multi-modal Mobility and their interconnection to the main sources of mobility data.
- The analysis on current mechanisms for Policy Modelling.
- The core components development (Models Encoder, Model Repositories) and their API’s.
- The development of a Policy-Aware Mobility Simulator.
- The components development for on-line policy monitoring and offline policy optimization.
WP5 – Dynamic Mobility Matchmaking & Eco-Planner
The main objective of WP5 is to design and implement the core SUPERHUB components for dynamically matching travel requests with the available mix of transport services, in a way optimizing a user-specific and mobility-policy compliant objective function. This translates to the following sub objectives:
- To design and implement scalable, multi-modal journey planning algorithms capable of planning sustainable multiple-leg journeys with the explicit consideration of journey environmental impact and the mobility policies applicable.
- To design and implement negotiation-based resource allocation mechanisms for negotiating mobility resources on behalf of the user, taking into account journey plan, user preferences, and mix of resources available.
- To design and implement intelligent mobility recommendatory capable of ranking mobility options based on user’s profile, past travel and possibly user’s social network
WP6 – Persuasive mobility Services and Interfaces
The main objective of WP6 is to design and prototype a set of dynamic and persuasive mobility services and interfaces for the SUPERHUB frontend. This translates into the following sub-objectives:
- To design and implement a multi access platform frontend to enable easy access to the system from the different devices and applications at hand (e.g., mobile phones, car navigation systems, netbooks etc) to inquire for possible mobility options to reach a given destination at any given time, according to their personal preferences and profile.
- To design and develop effective GUIs and interaction mechanisms for the persuasive service component by implementing the most appropriate behaviour change strategies to induce energy saving behaviour and reduced environmental footprint, starting from the scenarios and specifications from WP1 and iteratively improving them on the basis of users’ feedback.
- To integrate the designed solutions with relevant mobility services and applications provided by third-parties to support an open-oriented approach and foster the creation of a sustainable ecosystem around urban mobility. This will also exploit the potential of serious games and social networks to sensitize people and make them reflect about behavioural change.
WP7 – Trials execution
The main objective of WP7 is to manage the execution of user trials. The development of SUPERHUB is based on the realisation of three real life trial hosted in Milano, Helsinki and Barcelona. The Trials bring complementary views and provide the necessary feedback in order to evaluate SUPERHUB both from the technological and final users’ point of view. All trials are conducted in the local language(s) using local researchers, even though the studies may be designed centrally.
WP8 – Trials evaluation
The main objective of WP8 is to build the different elements of the SUPERHUB ecosystem into a working unity in order to be tested in WP7 and evaluate it with its targeted users, both prosumers and producers. This articulates into the following specific objectives:
- Perform foundational research into people behaviour and expectations in social networks, mobility networks, with special attention to sustainability and motivational aspects;
- Provide content and service gathering for the whole SUPERHUB platform (i.e. content collection, creation and adaptation into different formats for system development, testing and trials);
- Create mock-ups and exemplary mash-ups to be used in trials execution activities in WP7 and the later evaluation activities in the 2nd task of WP8.
WP9 – Dissemination and Exploitation
The main goal of WP9 is to design and implement a strategy that maximises the positive impact to the project from the dissemination of the know-how acquired and results achieved by the SUPERHUB project to the broadest audience: the scientific and academic community, the industrial entities of any size with a special attention to SMEs, public and private mobility operators, governmental agencies and institutions.
Indeed the technologies resulting from the project enable newer and more interactive mobility services for sustainable urban mobility. A clear plan has been developed to support the best exploitation strategy, to make sure that access to the SUPERHUB platform and distributed environment will be possible to those willing to use it and to contribute to its growth.
WP10 – Project Management
This work package is responsible for coordinating the project from both the administrative and the technical perspectives, aiming towards achieving effective operation of the project as well as timely delivery of quality results